Sunday, November 22, 2009

Seeing-Eye Dogs

Dogs have to go through guide dog training to become a guide dog.  Some dogs don't graduate because they don't have the right personality. 

I decided to write about guide dogs because it just came to me.   And because in school, in our social justice class, a blind woman came and brought her guide dog named Emmy; she was a Labrador Retriever.  She liked her dog a lot.   Our social justice teacher said the three best guide dogs are:  Labrador retrievers, Golden retrievers, and German shepherds. 

If I were blind, I would probably have a guide dog instead of a cane because I love dogs and I think a dog would be able to actually see where I am walking and  a cane can't see at all.



Photo courtesy istockphoto

This post was transcribed by my mother, Whitney Johnson

1 comment:

  1. This is very interesting Miranda. My daughter works in a crime lab and a seeing eye dog is learning it's job with one of my daughter's employees.

    I liked the picture of the stamp.

    Mrs. Torris

    ReplyDelete